Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Have A Glass of Tea

This is my first official post for Sweet Tea and Sweet Nothings, so I'm thinking I might ought to share my recipe for sweet tea. There's nothing like a cold glass of sweet tea on a steamy southern day and every southern girl has her own recipe. This one's my recipe for the decaffeinated version.

Fill a 2 quart saucepan with cold water and bring to a rolling boil. When water has boiled, add  4 family size Luzianne Decaffeinated tea bags and put the lid on. Let tea steep for a minimum of half an hour.

Measure 3/4's cup of sugar and pour into a 1 gallon plastic pitcher. (I use the Truvia baking mix and follow the measurement conversion chart on the back of the bag when I'm making tea for folks who don't use sugar.)

When the tea has steeped, pour the hot liquid into the pitcher and stir til sweetener is dissolved. Fill the rest of the pitcher with cold water and refrigerate til cool.

Some folks will add a teaspoon of baking soda to their tea but I've found that the Luzianne is so smooth and mild, it doesn't need the baking soda to tame the tannin in the tea.

As a change of pace, sometimes I'll add a couple of bags of my favorite herb tea to add a springy/summery tang. Mixed Berries and Lemon Zinger are my two faves. Black Current too, but I have a difficult time finding it here.

So, coming soon from Beyond the Page Publishing,  a sexy, sweet love story about what happens when opposites attract. Plans are in the works for stories for all the Bonifay siblings and Come and Get It introduces the reader to Dixie Rose Bonifay, the oldest of five children.

I really enjoyed writing this one. Dixie and her sisters represent everything good about southern womanhood. They're funny and sweet and as kind as anyone you'd ever want to meet. But they're still southern girls, which mean:



    Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment