Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Confessions of a Semi-Lazy Author

Hey Y'all,
Okay, it's confession time. I'm a horrible blogger. It's true, as anyone who has checked lately had no trouble ascertaining. As lame as it is, I have to divulge the fact that I'd completely forgotten my email address and the password. Fortunately, I tend to be a little lazy when it comes to emptying out the trash can under my desk. Don't judge, it's not like it was overflowing...mainly because I never throw anything away. My desk often overflows with bits of paper...some funny quote I wrote down on a scrap of paper, stuff I've printed out to put in one of the research binders I've put together, the odd phone number, or reminders that I have an appointment for this or that. I tossed out the scrap of paper with my Keira Cole email and password scribbled on it. I looked right at it without wondering if I remembered the entire addy and the password. Fortunately, it was in that not quite overflowing trash bin and I was able to dig it out. So, for those of you kind enough to stop by and view my blog site, thank you! For those kind enough to email me, thank you!

So, Runaway Cowboy was released on June 6th and has gotten some wonderful reviews. Thanks to those who took the time to read it and left such great comments. Knowing the book, though smaller than I would have liked, is appreciated is very gratifying and I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Daisy Bonifay's book is the next in the series. I confess I'm having a bit of a rough time finding just the right storyline for her. I've tossed out two rounds of opening chapters so far. They just didn't feel right. This happens now and again and boy is it frustrating. I think I've got it and then *kaboom* I lose it. And if I've learned anything in these past few years it's to pay attention to my gut. If it's not coming to me, there's a reason and that reason always means it's not the right storyline for that particular character. Moaning and head banging often follows this revelation. In fact, I'm thinking of doing some head banging now. I just don't have a handle on my hero yet. I'm pretty sure I have Daisy figured out but Greg is not coming to me and I'm pretty sure he's going to fight me the whole way through the story. Which must mean he's a contrary cuss.

It's funny that Daisy is the one giving me the most trouble because she's the sweetest of all the siblings, at least in my mind (but let's face it, that could change). I have strong ideas for the last two books of the series - Tammy first, and Bennett last because, well, ladies first. I am southern after all.

As I end this post, I'm starting to get an inkling of who my hero is, I just have to double check the first story to make sure I have the name right. Yes, I am that forgetful sometimes. I blame it on the voices in my head, all of whom tempt me to put this one on hold in favor of their stories. But it's one in the morning and the voices need to shut the heck up until I get some sleep.

Oh, for anyone wondering, I do belong to Google+ but I have no idea how to use it. Hanging head in shame.

Keira

No comments:

Post a Comment